Deltabit Consulting - Freelance Symfony / Sylius Developer
August 2023 - Present
Currently spearheading projects for VUB - Vrije Universiteit Brussel, with a focus on:
- Building, updating, and refactoring existing applications using Symfony.
- Introducing and implementing new tools to enhance development workflows.
- Establishing and enforcing coding guidelines for maintainability and scalability.
- Writing comprehensive browser and unit tests for robust application performance.
- Setting up pipelines and optimizing processes using Azure DevOps.
Freelance PHP Developer - Part-time
February 2022 - August 2023
Unable to share client or more technical details, as these are protected under an NDA. The client is situated in the Fashion and Manufacturing industry, providing solutions for brands to launch new collections faster, easier, and with focus on sustainability.
- Design, build and maintain features in a multi-vendor Sylius E-commerce project using CQRS and DDD patterns.
- Identify opportunities based on client workflow and requirements
- Provide and consume API endpoints to connect multiple platforms and automate workflows
YAPPA – Backend Developer
March 2018 - August 2023
- Design, build, and maintain web applications, using modern tools like PHP, Symfony, Elasticsearch and MYSQL.
- Connect the front & backend applications using API’s and frameworks like VueJS
- Make use of project planning tools like Jira and Teamleader
- Manage code using GIT-repositories on Github and Gitlab
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, make an estimation, and correct these problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured and meets industry standards
- Run a local environment using Docker containers.
- Functional and Unit testing using tools like PHPUnit and Codeception
I’m no stranger to the tech world, and I’ve got a bunch of tricks up my sleeve. Here are some of my go-to skills, but trust me, there’s more where that came from.
Symfony Sylius Composer Web Services APIs Message Queues
Azure DevOps GitHub Actions GitLab CI/CD
Selenium Codeception PHPUnit Cypress
For a deeper dive into my professional journey, check out my Linkedin page. Interested in teaming up on a project? I’m all ears—feel free to drop me a message.